Are you thinking of going on a world tour? Or in general, going anywhere outside the country? Well, it is fun to visit all those tourist spots, taking in the culture of the country, its history, and a lot of fun tidbits. Many people when going to other countries, they plan to drive around there by renting a car. But if you are going to drive around in unknown places you should know the laws and rules of driving in that country. Sailun tires, a passenger car tires supplier of Philippines is going to tell you some weird and strange driving laws from all around the world.
1. In the Philippines, it’s illegal to drive on Mondays if your number plate ends in a 1 or 2. If that means not getting to work on a Monday morning, we’re all for it.
2. It’s illegal to eat or drink anything while driving, in Cyprus. Eating even a snack could cost you an €85 fine, and that includes sipping water.
3. A dirty car warrants a fine up to 2,000 roubles in Russia.
4. It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle in Alabama. Just in case you needed a reminder.
5. It doesn’t matter if you’ve been unfairly cut off or nearly side-swiped by the vehicle next to you. In Rockville, Maryland you will need to keep your temper cool and your harsh words to yourself because publicly cursing is illegal there. If you’re caught swearing out your window, you could be fined up to $100. Well, can’t really blame the law for this one. They are just trying to keep the peace.
6. In Scandinavia, it is a legal requirement that headlights are on at all times. But this one is not at all strange. The visibility and lack of daylight hours are very poor even in June.
7. In Costa Rica, drinking and driving are perfectly legal. You can enjoy a cold drink while driving so long as you do not become too intoxicated.
8. In Alabama, it is acceptable for you to drive the wrong way down a one-way street as long as you have a lantern attached to the front of your car.
9. In Denmark, the law states that you must check for children that may be hiding underneath your car before setting off on your journey.
So, when next time you go somewhere in anywhere in the world make sure your passenger car tires are in good condition and you know all sorts of driving laws of that place.